Stay In An Attitude Of Gratitude This Season
You start your holiday preparations dreaming of creamy slices of pumpkin pie and hanging stockings in front of a roaring fire. Yet by the time the new year rolls around, you just might find yourself worn out by a list of never-ending seasonal activities you felt obligated to participate in. That’s why we dreamt up some ways to help you stay focused on gratitude this year.
Forget the frenzy, take a few deep breaths and redirect yourself toward the true spirit of the season. Consider the following tips to stay grateful and avoid your inner Grinch.
1. Before your guests dive into the turkey and stuffing, encourage a grateful spirit at your Thanksgiving table. Attach gratitude cards made with scrapbooking paper and fun supplies like glitter, stamps or stickers to each place setting. Ask guests to write down what they’re thankful for when they arrive. Then as the cranberry sauce disappears, encourage everyone to share what they wrote.
2. Put pen to paper and write a heartfelt message to someone who has truly made a difference in your life. It could be a friend who was there for you during a difficult time, a teacher who challenged you to reach your full potential or a coach who never gave up on you. Encourage your children to join in on the warm fuzzies with a visit to our Kids’ Craft Corner sponsored by Carolina Home Remodeling where they can make Christmas cards for family, friends and teachers.
3. Let visions of sugarplums dance through your head! Show your appreciation for the firefighters, police officers and EMS personnel who serve our community by bringing them some sweet treats this holiday season. After you find the perfect dessert from one of our food vendors, make sure you say hello to members of the Charlotte Fire Department who will be at the show this year.
4. Pick up a one-of-a-kind commemorative bag when you arrive at the show to store all of your great finds in! They sell for $5 at the show’s entrance, and proceeds from the bags will support the Shriners Hospital for Children.
5. Think about an older adult in your life who is unable to attend the show. Visit some of our home décor vendors and then take your favorite finds to their home to help deck the halls! They’ll love how you thought of them and took the time to do something meaningful and lasting.
Still looking for a way to brighten someone’s day and spread a little Christmas cheer? Be a jolly elf and buy a show ticket for the person standing behind you in line! It’s guaranteed to bring a smile to his or her face and will set an ultra positive tone for your day exploring our Woodland Christmas-themed wonderland.